Westwater Advocates, in conjunction with the Legal Services Agency (LSA), is organising a full day conference on housing law.
Offering 6 hours of CPD, the conference will take place on 3 March 2017 in Glasgow from 9.55am to 4.30pm, with registration and coffee from 9.30am.
This event will be of particular relevance to legal practitioners in housing matters, landlords in the public, social, and private sectors, letting agents, information and advice agencies, and voluntary organisations with an interest in housing issues.
The conference, chaired by the stable’s Sir Crispin Agnew QC will feature presentations by six experts from Westwater Advocates. Their topics are as follows:
- Adrian Stalker – Recent case law on homelessness
- Jane Rattray – The new jurisdiction of Scottish First Tier Tribunal on housing matters
- Mark Lazarowicz – Further devolution under the Scotland Act 2016: the implications for housing
- David Anderson – The Private Housing Tenancies (Scotland) Act 2016
- Greg Sanders – Common Repairs and the Tenements (Scotland) Act 2004
- Bryan Heaney (TBC) – Update on judicial review
Click here for further details of the programme and booking information.